This photo shows the Administration Office area.
The highlighted two story building in the center of the photo above was the administrative offices of the Operating Contractor. Hercules Powder Co. in WWII, Liberty Powder Defense Corp. during the Korean Operation, and Olin Corp. during the Vietnam Operation. The one story building was the Government offices and after WWII when the Badger Village units were rented to Veterans attending the University of Wisconsin, was the Public Buildings Service.
This photo shows a ground view of these two buildings. This photo was taken at a fire fighting demonstration during Fire Prevention Week sometime after 1948. Other photos in this series show the fire trucks and one of them looks like a 1948 Chevrolet so we date this photo as after 1948. The sign above the door of the Government building identifies it as the Public Buildings Service in large letters. The other information on the sign we can not read.
This is a color photo of the same area taken in the Fall of 2000 by Jamie Young as part of a photo project sponsored by the Badger History Group. There are two buildings in this photo that are not in the 1942 photo. To the left of the Administration building is a one story light colored building. This building was built during the Vietnam Operation to house a new data processing computer system. Today the computer is considerably smaller and has been relocated to the Administration Building and this building contains some offices and the computer rooms have been combined into a large meeting room. Above this building and in the middle of the North Service Road is a small building (green roof). This is the Main Gate Guard House. All vehicles entering the plant from US Hwy 12 come through here. Missing from this photo is the railroad tracks that ended behind the vehicle garages. WWII was the only operation when employees came to work by train. During the Korean and Vietnam operations transportation was by private vehicles and busses.